Although to some, July 7 might seem quite a ways off, it is coming all too quickly for me. That is the date I am to return to the Dominican Republic with the team from our church again. We will be gone 8 days and have the opportunity to work on a church/feeding center and hold medical, audiology, and volleyball clinics.
This past Sunday night we held our major fundraiser for the team. It was a live/silent auction that went pretty well. Since it's only our second year doing it, and we tried a few new things, there were some bumps in the road, but we survived. The 'f' word, "Flexibility" is something we continue to learn!
We aren't sure yet of our final numbers, but we probably ended up making $7-8,000 to split between the trip participants to help cover the cost of the trip. Unfortunately, our trip is going to be about $300-400 more than last year's because the cost of the flight rose dramatically.
We will be holding a couple more fundraisers. The larger will be a nearly 5-K walk/run at the Parkview YMCA. It will be on May 9, starting at 8:00 am. The cost for pre-registration is $10 ages 12 and up. Day of registration is $15. Kids under 12 are $5. If you are interested in participating, please let me know and I will arrange to get you registered.
Our other fundraising item will be Pizza Hut discount cards. The cards will cost $10 each, and we get the full amount toward our trip. We will start selling these next Sunday, I think.
In other news...hmmm... Jacob is getting ready to move into a twin bed. He moves so much during the night, that we want to give him more space than his toddler bed. I'd have loved to have done a full-sized bed, but that won't work for now. We just need to go buy the mattress/springs and get it finished up.
Becca got her 3rd quarter report card. She counted up 61 3's and 9 2's I think it was. She has had a great year so far. She often amazes me with what she can do.
I guess I best be getting to bed. I've been extremely tired lately, and staying up late isn't helping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment