After seeing several kids Becca's age and younger take off riding their bikes without training wheels, I figured it was about time we have a lesson. Knowing she is somewhat timid when it comes to new things, I thought I'd help her a little bit. A little bit was all she needed! She took off pretty quickly. I stuck by her thinking she'd soon take a tumble. After about 10-15 minutes I'd had enough of the heat (it was over 90 degrees out), so we took a break. We decided to play a little trick on Daddy. Becca asked him to help her learn how to ride without her training wheels. We finally got him outside to help her and he told her to take her bike down to the street. She hopped right on it and rode it down! No one next to her....No one holding on... Surprising Daddy! She was having a good old time with a big grin on her face.
I should have known. After all, she is our little daredevil now. Wait, I didn't tell you? I haven't updated my blog since February? We've had a Disney trip since then. We've been to Louisville, too! What in the world have I been doing?
Okay, let's back up a little bit. Disney.... Mom, Dad, Becca & I headed out on June 4. We took Becca to Chattanooga's Tennessee Aquarium and Cocoa Beach on the way to Disney. Matt & Jacob flew in on June 7 and met us at Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - our home for the week. When I say "home," I mean HOME! It was a great place to stay and perfect for the 6 of us!
After unloading our many bags into our rooms, we scurried over to Magic Kingdom. What an exciting afternoon watching the kids experience Disney for the first time! We hung around for the Main Street Electrical Parade and the Summer Nightastic fireworks. We spent the next 6 days touring the various parks, riding amazing rides, and meeting all sorts of characters.
The kids did great for their first real vacation. The highlight of our trip was being selected as the First Family at Epcot one day. We got to get our picture taken with 5 characters and get into the park ahead of the crowd. We were sent straight to Test Track and rode it first for the day. After our first ride, they offered us the opportunity to stay on and ride again! What a great time!
Jacob did great for his first time flying, too! Matt said he loved the turbulence:) He didn't like a lot of the rides/shows at Disney, but there were plenty he did like. It's a Small World & Dumbo were probably 2 of his favorites. Becca's favorites, however, were a bit of the opposite. Her favorite ride was Tower of Terror. She rode pretty much everything except Space Mountain. She didn't like Rockin' Roller Coaster or Expedition Everest, but she handled them well. She was willing to try almost any ride.
We had a good start to our summer and are looking forward to camping and a couple more road trips coming up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment