Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Did My Son Just Have Brain Surgery?

Jacob had his 4th sleep study last night- this time with the CPAP machine. This picture was taken after we got his CPAP mask on him but before the belts and leg wires were attached. Believe it or not, there was more!

If you look, you'll notice that bunny has a mask on, too. That's how we got Jacob to agree to wear his. The fireman dress up helped, too.

Every time I look at this picture I think he looks like he's all bandaged from a brain surgery or burns and has a ventilator on him. Thankfully, it's not that serious!

Overall, Jacob did better than I anticipated, but it was still a really rough night. I'm thankful that he let us put the mask on without causing a fight. He was such a trooper!

The last couple pictures were taken before the mask was put on. He didn't cry at all this time as they put the electrodes on him. I'm sure having Nemo available to watch helped.


We should be getting our own CPAP in a few days, based on what the tech said. We don't see the neurologist until 11/4...too long!

Likely, he'll have a sleep study every 6-12 months as well for follow-up. I gotta run, but I'll try to post again soon.!

No comments: