Jacob's sleep study is this Tuesday night. I don't think I could have waited any longer for it, and I'm not sure I'll make it until Tuesday. I'm about to drive myself crazy checking on him, watching his breathing, and analyzing everything he does.
Tonight is the first night I've put him upstairs to sleep again. Probably the only reason is that the OSU football game was on, and we knew we'd wake him up. I checked on him probably 10-12 times during the game. Each time, he moved quite a bit while I was there. I am sure I caught him in the middle of some hypopneas and at least one central apnea. See, I'm driving myself crazy! I'm not able to get good sleep. I actually think he's been worse the last 3-4 nights then I noticed he was during the last sleep study.
I'm very anxious to speak with the neurologist about all this, but we don't see her until 11/4. Ugh! I've got so many questions. There's got to be more things we can do than just a mask that I'm afraid we're not going to get him to wear it. As I've thought back over time, I've remembered several occasions that I was sure Jacob's lips were turning blue momentarily, but I didn't want to overreact and assumed it must be the lighting. Now I'm not so sure. I wonder if he could have been having apneas during the daytime!? I also remembered one of these events occuring at the pediatrician's office, so it really isn't just me!
Please remember Jacob and me in your prayers. Matt seems to be fine about it all unless he hides it well. Becca is okay, but she is concerned that Jacob has to do another sleep study. Thankfully, she doesn't grasp the seriousness of the issue. Pray that Jacob's breathing is good and that I'm able to calm down and not be anxious. The fact that I'm tired all the time is not helping anything.
Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment