We'd gotten a voice mail message from the Sleep Center last night indicating they needed to talk to us about Jacob. My immediate thought was, "uh-oh, something went wrong and we have to re-do the test again!" No one was available to give us info last night so I called this morning again. The tech I spoke to indicated that Jacob still has sleep apnea, and he needs to have another sleep study done - this time with a CPAP machine.
Wow! What a blow! When we left last time, the tech had indicated she didn't think we'd have to do it again! I didn't necessarily believe that he had been cured, as I though he'd had a worse night this time than before. She did indicate that he didn't move too much, and he didn't have much dream sleep.
Well, the ENT is out of the office for a couple days and the neurologist wasn't in either. So the closest to actual results I've gotten is from another nurse at the neurologist office who doesn't really know much about sleep studies. She indicated that he had 19 episodes. She didn't indicate whether that was per minute or hour or for the night. I'm guessing it's per hour. However, I don't know if the old 15/hour has gotten worse or the 31/hour has improved. I am hoping Jacob's neurologist is in the office tomorrow so I can get some more information. I'll try to post as soon as I can after we hear something more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment