It is hard to believe that we are only 9 days from departure day for the D.R.
We had a team meeting this morning and learned that we already have 17 suitcases full of medical supplies. We have 21 definite extra bags with hopefully some extra room in people's suitcases of their personal items. That and we haven't even started packing up the hearing aids! Okay, we don't even have the hearing aids yet!!! The company donating them is being very slow about it. The last we were told is that they are overnighting them on Tuesday. Nothing like coming down to the wire! God is in control, though, and we will be fine. I guess it just keeps us from storing them that much longer!
Please pray that the hearing aids will come in Wednesday as expected. Tina and I need to get the hearing aid kids assembled and we want to do it after the aids arrive.
Also, please pray that we can stand the heat down there. We heard from a group that just returned that it is the hottest it's ever been for their trip. We think our construction team will end up pouring concrete - what a yucky job to do in the heat! I think we only have 6 guys on the team, so I hope the girls can do some heavy lifting! This leader of that group is friends with the leader of our group. He indicated that this was also the first time he had to put an IV line in someone from the team. Apparently, she wasn't eating or drinking well as a result of anxiety from the driving down there. Hopefully, we don't have to have anyone go through that, but our nurses have done them before.
I think I'm about ready to turn in for the night. I just looked at the clock and it's after 10:00! Tomorrow is Jacob's sleep study. Please keep that in your prayers, too!
Thanks for your support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, 9 days! So excited for you and the trip. We'll be praying for the trip AND the sleep study.
Post a Comment