It's hard to believe that in just seven weeks, I'll be in the Dominican Republic! I've already started having extremely weird dreams (nightmares) about the flight there. I've been packing for a weekend trip but keep thinking I'm packing for the D.R. I did pack up all the stuff I have set aside tonight in my old piece of luggage so my closet isn't filling up with all the medications and beanie babies I have set to take.
I'm so thankful that the Christmas in July Tree we set up at church to help us gather supplies for the trip appears to have gone so well last Sunday. I'm hoping that it goes well the next few weeks, too and we get a lot of stuff in. There is so much that we have to collect. It's just unreal!
We know that God is capable of providing exactly however much of each medicine that we're going to need. He is providing at each step along the way. We got our itinerary this week and found out we're scheduled to go to The Hole. Apparently, this is a place where we'll get to really interact with the kids who are so much in need. Our team leader is extremely excited that we'll have this opportunity. God has already directed so many parts of this trip, it just keeps giving me chills!
It's just me and the kids tonight. Matt is out of town on business. We've been having fun so far and hopefully they'll settle down for the night here shortly.
Until later....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment