I always struggle with knowing what to do when one of my kids is sick or hurt. I know I'll feel guilty if something was really wrong or should have been done if I don't take action, so Matt & I are often at odds about what to do. For instance, today, Jacob sliced his finger trying to open a door at daycare. I didn't figure it was too bad of a cut until I looked at his finger this evening. It wasn't horribly deep, but there was a nice flap of skin (sorry if that's too much info) there. I debated on whether to go to Redi Med or not to see if he needed stitches. I looked up websites and still couldn't decide. I was going to worry all night if I didn't go find out, so I took him. Thankfully, no stitches were needed. They just trimmed the extra skin and band-aided it up. I felt kinda silly, but the doctor said it wouldn't have healed well the way the skin was. I'm sure it will cost about $75 just to have skin cut off, but the peace of mind for me is nearly worth it.
I'm very glad it's the weekend. We're hoping for decent weather tomorrow so we can do something fun outside. My dad is having a garage sale today and tomorrow. I took a bunch of old clothes of the kids out for it. So far today I made a whopping $11 or so! Dad did better, but no one was looking at the clothes. I think he's got too much of his stuff and people driving past don't realize there are kids clothes there, too. Oh well, getting rid of a little bit is worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment