Monday, August 25, 2008
Here's a New One..Anyone Want to Offer Advice?
I need help!!! Yes, we knew that a long time ago! Becca surprised me with something she said tonight. She said, "I don't want to wear a hearing aid when I grow up." Ugh! I was driving on I-69... can't do that well with tears in my eyes! Her seat is in the very back of our van and she doesn't hear so well when we're driving on cement roads - just too noisy even with the new aid! It was too hard to try to have a conversation about it, but it just broke my heart. She hasn't said anything like that before :( I don't even know what to tell her. Even if we did a CI, it would still be like she was wearing a hearing aid - but maybe she doesn't like the thing in her ear...hmm...I'll have to dig deeper - but I kinda don't even want to bring it up again. HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aw - I feel for you. It's hard to know what to say in situations like that. The little/inexperienced advice I have would be to be honest and open with her - she needs someone she can open up to. It's hard to know what motivated her to say that - maybe it's bothersome, maybe someone at school noticed it, etc?? I will pray that Becca knows without a doubt that she is loved and was made very special by God.
Post a Comment